- Plan and conduct qualitative research methods
- Analyze and synthesize data
- Prototype and test design concepts with storyboards and wireframes
- Plan and facilitate participatory design and ideation workshops
- Communicate through visual design (models, experience maps; print, presentation, and UI design; Adobe Creative Suite)
- Collaborate with teams
DESIGNER & RESEARCHER • INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
FEBRUARY 2017–MAY 2017, SEPTEMBER 2017–PRESENT • CHICAGO, IL
Developed behavioral insights by conducting and analyzing remote and in-context interviews about healthcare and consumer experiences. Designed the visual identity, layout, and illustrations for a Fortune 100 client's design thinking playbook.
SERVICE DESIGNER • CATALYTIC, INC.
MAY 2017–AUGUST 2017 • CHICAGO, IL
Researched customers' experiences with Catalytic’s digital product, Pushbot, and its implementation services. Prototyped UX concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Created service blueprints and identified opportunities to reduce set-up time for clients beginning with Pushbot
- Documented and shared service experiment successes
- Synthesized data to communicate user needs
- Planned and facilitated usability tests and cognitive walkthroughs
DESIGN RESEARCH ASSOCIATE • CONIFER RESEARCH
JULY 2015–FEBRUARY 2017 • CHICAGO, IL
Guided Fortune 500 clients to better understand their customers and apply research insights to their business through a one-year longitudinal research program.
- Contributed to research planning and conducted remote ethnography, in-context interviews, shopalongs, and intercepts
- Analyzed, synthesized, and visualized data; proposed design strategies; designed deliverables and research tools
- Designed, planned, and participated in client workshops and major project milestones
DATA VISUALIZER • INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR • DORIS RESEARCH
MAY 2015–JUNE 2015 • INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Entered and visualized design research data.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
IUPUI CENTER FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING
OCTOBER 2011–MAY 2015 • INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Designed fliers, programs, and other promotional items for IUPUI staff and faculty events.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN • UNITED WAY OF METROPOLITAN CHICAGO
MAY 2013–AUGUST 2013 • CHICAGO, IL
Designed campaign pieces, invitations for events, and promotional materials for United Way education and health programs.
10 WEEKS OF SERVICE DESIGN IMMERSIVE COURSE
SERVICE EXPERIENCE CHICAGO • 2016
Worked with parents to develop a service concept that would match them with groups of care providers based on their personal beliefs and parenting style; prototyped UX and UI.
VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN BFA; PSYCHOLOGY MINOR
HERRON SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN, IUPUI • 2015
- Graduated with High Distinction
- Completed service design and graduate-level design research courses
- Practiced working collaboratively, making research plans, creating and facilitating participatory design sessions, crafting narratives, mapping experiences, analyzing and synthesizing data, and prototyping ideas.
- Studied life span development, social, cognition, and motivation psychology topics
Service Design Network Chicago Chapter
AIGA Herron Student Group
July 2014 – May 2015
- Organized weekly meetings, led event planning, and mentored other officers
- Successfully organized at least one event per month, increased event attendance, generated new funds, and created a platform for students and alumni of all levels to connect
Honors & Awards
IUPUI TOP 100 STUDENT
Selected from over 2,100 nominations based on my strength in scholastic achievement, collegiate and co-curricular activities, and civic/community service
IUPUI OUTSTANDING WOMAN STUDENT LEADER AWARD
- Nominated and selected based on the nature, extent, and positive impact of my involvement at IUPUI and Indianapolis, as well as my leadership experience and potential
WORKS FROM HERRON SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN EXHIBITION
- Politic app project selected to represent Herron student work in an exhibition at Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio
Fall 2011 – Spring 2015
- Recipient of the Adah Broadbent Scholarship, Harry R. Esamann Memorial Scholarship, and Dean of Faculties Scholarship
- Awarded based on academic achievement
Fall 2011 – Spring 2015
- Maintained a GPA above 3.50 with a course load of 12 or more credit hours for each semester